A quick try at L-Systems:
A few weeks ago, i stumbled on the wikipedia page for L-Systems (oh, wikipedia , even for all you faults, how i love thee).
So i decided to do a quick (less than a day) implementation in c# .
This was the result after about another day of improvements:
Things of Note:
- I added a few extra things compared to what is found in the wikipedia article:
- Color changes based on “generation”
- Thickness changes base on “generation”
- It is only for basic LSystem: context free, and not procedural (although, i confess, i did expermiment with more complex version, but those really are to slow for showing)
- 2d Only
- Windows only, although i am currently working on a Mono version (but boy am i having problems with GUI)
- The improvement version also uses multithreading , and the speed increase, even on just an old dual core amd, is quite amazing
- I will post a download link soonish so you can try it out for yourself